Welcome to "Always Stampin'" where you are sure to find paper art inspiration and quite possibly a bit more! Please contact Kelly Gettelfinger, Stampin' Up! Manager of Sellersburg, IN for more information on anything seen here... kellyjeanstamps@gmail.com
"Anxiety weighs a heart down, but a cheerful word lifts it up." Proverbs 12:25

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Stamp and Pray


I'm in the studio... stampin' and prayin' tonight.
As many of you know,
both my family as well as my husband's family
said "goodbye for now" to loved ones...
in the exact same week recently.
Both life celebrations were at
the exact same times.
It was rough.
My great aunt
(who was very influential in my life)
as well as my brother-in-law
both departed us here on earth.

My thoughts have been heavily
on our remaining family members today.
I've been told by many people
that when we think often of someone,
it is the Holy Spirit prompting us
to pray for that particular person.

I SO enjoy stamping AND praying...
yup, AT THE SAME TIME.
One might think,
"How in the world can the
appropriate thoughts be initiated to
the Lord when you're busy doing
something else... especially stamping?!"
It may sound ridiculous.
Trust me... it can be done.
Not only can it be done with stamping,
but it can be done
DOING ANYTHING.

"And pray in the Spirit
on all occasions
with all kinds of prayers and requests.
With this in mind,
be alert and always keep on
praying for all the Lord's people."
Ephesians 6:18

"Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation,
by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God."
Philippians 4:6

"Rejoice always,
pray continually,
give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God’s will
for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I have written a devotional
(presented to my CBS sisters)
on this very matter...
stamping and praying
(or "fill in the blank" and praying.)
Should you be interested in
this process of prayer,
please feel free to contact me.
I am happy to share my devo with you.
I highly recommend it if you
happen to be a paper artist of faith.

Thanks for visiting!
I'm praying you enjoyed your visit.

KellyJean

3 comments:

Carol Hickman said...

KellyJean, I am so sorry for your losses! Sending you and your family hugs and prayers during this time. I would love to read your CBS devotional as I too, pray while I am stamping. :)

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Kelly, I pray as I stamp a lot. I would love to have your devotional. My email is dls8383@gmail.com.

Blessings,

Sandy

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your family and what they must be feeling right now! Bless your heart....I would like to read your devotional about praying and stamping also. Thank you for sharing this.
Cathy
my email is catbird59@hotmail.com